EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER
Project Highlights / Scope of Work
• Project received two New Jersey Golden Trowel awards for excellence
• Constructed all new 57,000 SF school
• Constructed two exterior courtyard / playground areas
• Installed underground utilities
• Performed all sitework including new 60 car parking lot and school bus drop-off area
• Installed all electrical, HVAC, fire alarm and communication systems
• Performed all concrete, masonry, woodwork and interior finish work
• Lack of space / staging areas characteristic of working in an urban environment
This new school construction received two New Jersey Golden Trowel Awards as Best in Category for both Elementary Schools and Tile / Marble / Terazzo. This building provides a modern, stimulating educational environment for the 300 pre-school students currently housed there. The school has also received high marks from the community as a quality learning center.
This project allowed us to demonstrate our capabilities in many facets of building construction. First the site was prepared including clearing, excavation and rough grading. Then the building was constructed on a base of steel decking with structural steel framing. Inside, the school contains 20 classrooms, a multi-purpose room, a gymnasium, numerous bathrooms and a full service kitchen. Interior installations included electrical, HVAC, fire alarms and communications systems as well as all kitchen equipment. Typical school equipment was also installed including lockers, bulletin boards and flagpoles. A high level of craftsmanship is evident in the interior finishes: hardware, architectural woodwork and especially tile work are highlights.
Site work involved the addition of a 60 car parking lot and a school bus drop-off area with lighting and drainage. Two new courtyard playgrounds were built including installation of fences, gates and playground equipment. The site was finished with landscaping and decorative plantings.
The end result of this project is a unique and colorful educational facility that the city of Elizabeth can be proud of.