Waters & Bugbee Headquarters
Project Highlights / Scope of Work
- Constructed new 14,000 SF office building and vehicle maintenance shop on undeveloped site
- Installed all light, power, HVAC, communications, security systems, electric and plumbing
- Performed design / build of 50’ long bridge over creek onsite
- Excavated, graded and poured asphalt access roadway to office
- Brought in all utilities including domestic water, sewer, gas, electric and phones
- Constructed 25,000 SF detention basin including aeration / fountain system
- Installed 10,000 gallon fueling station with computerized monitoring system
- Poured 30’ x 100’ concrete slab materials storage area
- Installed visitor and employee parking lots including paving, striping and site lighting
- Performed sitework including landscaping, fencing, sidewalks and curbs
- Inaccessible site
- No existing utility lines
- Heavy storm water runoff resulting in potential site flooding
This new construction is home to Waters & Bugbee, a general contractor. Located at the far end of the Hamilton Business Center, the undeveloped site was largely inaccessible with a creek running across the property and a heavily wooded area preventing roadway access.
The first hurdle was reaching the site. Before an entry road could be installed, 24 acres of wooded area needed to be cleared and a bridge would need to be built across the creek. A 50’ long x 20’ wide concrete box beam bridge with poured concrete abutments and wing walls was designed and constructed. Since the site was completely undeveloped, all utilities including domestic water, sewer line including ejection station, phone lines, gas and electric, needed to be brought in. This was accomplished by digging a trench under the creek for the delivery of utilities.
The 14,000 SF office building contains twelve offices, a lunchroom with kitchen, storage rooms, computer room and a fire-safe file storage room. Construction included a standing seam metal roof with wood truss framing, masonry façade, and aluminum storefront windows. Attached to the office is a large vehicle maintenance shop and wash bay featuring an oil / water separator, a jib crane, five overhead garage doors and a 10,000 gallon fueling station.
Sitework included pouring a 30’ x 100’ concrete slab for use as a material storage area, two parking lots, paving and striping, site lighting, fencing and landscaping. By far the most complicated portion of the exterior was the construction of a 25,000 SF catch / detention basin to handle the large volume of storm water runoff at the site. Culverts, a plastic liner and stone embankments were installed along with an aerating fountain. The resulting water feature is a creative solution to the runoff issue which greatly adds to the aesthetics of the site.
Waters & Bugbee now has a new, state-of-the-art headquarters which blends both beauty and function.